Subject: Re: 1.3.2 packages now available.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/21/1998 15:22:21
mrg writes:
>hi folks.
>
>i've uploaded the netbsd/pmax 1.3.2 packages to the ftp server in
>/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.2/pmax/All/.  there are quite a lot of
>packages that did not build `out of the box' for me, and i didn't
>spent a lot of time looking at them.. i'd guess there were about
>30 actually broken packages, and about 70 that depended on those..
>(it seems there are ~100 packages not build, but i did not verify
>exactly which ones).  there are 204 packages in total.

A big vote of thanks to mrg for doing this.

I assume the pkg people are working on the differences, but maybe it'd
help to post a list of

     a) the packages which are actually broken, and why
        (are there any  reasons besides "elf shared lib lossage"?)
     b) for the other 70-odd packages which dont build, the packages
	 which they depend on.

both so the users know what to expect, and also to focus efforts on
repairing packages (or even re-building busted lib packages by hand.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but these are built for 1.3.2 and so
won't run on 1.3.1 systems without ld.elf_so, right?