Subject: Re: DecAudio
To: Megan <mbg@world.std.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/19/1998 20:17:26
>Does anyone have any experience with the audio option for the
>turbo channel - AV01B?  Is there any documentation?  Any
>software?

Megan,

The short answer is "no".  I've been trying to piece together the
hardware from partial pieces which, last I heard, Paul Vixie and Ralph
Campbell had, and using as documentation the code in (an old version
of) the AF software from DEC Cambridge Labs.

As with most TurboChannel hardware, the problem is getting sample
hardware and documentation into the hands of people with time to write
and debug drivers.  This is something I'm interested in myself, and if
I could get my hands on the hardware, I'd commit to making it Do The
Right Thign.

(Mmm, if you want to use a LoFi with Ultrix or OSF/1, AF might be just
what you need).