Subject: netbsd-current on DS3100
To: NetBSD/pmax Discussion List <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/14/1998 15:05:13
Has anyone managed to get the -current version of the kernel to run
correctly on a DECstation 3100 under X?

After fiddling with a compilation problem (sii.c complains about not
knowing about DS_PMAX right now), and getting it to compile, I can get
the kernel to boot fine into single-user mode.  However, when I go
multi-user, and start up xdm, the mouse behaves like it's on speed
(grossly amplified mouse movements), and the keyboard is completely
scrambled (keypresses echo with a different character, as if the mapping
has been messed up).

I regularly SUP the kernel sources from sup.netbsd.org, and this problem
has been around for at least a fortnight or so.  (And, like I say,
recently, the build fails on PMAX without human intervention.)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
	--- James Marshall Hendrix