Subject: Re: PMAG-C support....
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Dr. John Refling <refling@comet.lbl.gov>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/12/1998 17:08:00
Wrote Greg A. Woods:

>  Well, we wasted a bunch of time this afternoon (and time over the past
>  few days downloading and learning) trying to install NetBSD on our
>  5000/120. Unfortunately I didn't check the label on the framebuffer
>  until after it told me it was switching to the serial console (and
>  consequently screwed up the screen display to be unreadable).  The
>  machine here has *two* PMAG-C boards (but only one monitor, alas), and
>  our primary purpose for it is to be an X11 capable workstation.

Yes!  I had the same problem.  The NEXT problem that I had, after obtaining
the lower-end card (-A or -B, can't remember) was that my wonderful huge
DEC monitor that worked with the PMAG-C didn't work with the card.  So...
double damnation!

Does anybody have info on what DEC monitors work with which DEC cards?

Has anybody tried tweeking the internals of the monitors to get them to
work with other cards that they're not supposed to work with?!?