Subject: Tcl & shared Libs
To: port-pmax@netbsd.org <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/06/1998 19:20:14
Ok,

I give.  I've upgraded my machine at home from 1.3.1, so that
should give me the latest libraries.

Tcl 7.6p2 and 8.1 compile and run fine natively.  Scotty and
it's networking library tnm build and link fine.  However,
the interpreter cannot load any of the tcl shared libraries, ie;
tnm.so or any other shared library based extension.

The same code builds and runs fine on FreeBSD 2.2.5.
I've tried most of the configure options for both versions
with no effect.

It appears to be something in the link loader but the only
message I get is "cannot load xxxx.so" from tcl[7.6p2 or 8.1]

Is there still some incomplete areas in the shared library
support in 1.3.1?

Bill

--
Bill Harris