Subject: Re: miscellaneous startup probs
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/27/1998 14:09:00
Hi.

> I undoubtedly have
> mucked up something, I guess I have to read some more.  I have 3 network
> ID's that are not coverable by a netmask in my little local network of 3
> machines.  One machine has the ppp line to the world, and I have the
> little 3 machine ethernet here, but only 3 numbers total, not an extra
> number for the network itself.

Ah, that's, your network topology sounds pretty uncommon.  My current
theory is; your FreeBSD box is talking with another machine pretends
your NetBSD.  I recommend you to build experiemental (local) network
which contains only your FreeBSD and your NetBSD.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology