Subject: Re: ncftp?
To: Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1998 17:04:03
Jorgen Pehrson <jp@spektr.ludvika.se> writes:

>Hi,
>I've been trying to compile ncftp on my decstation5000/200 but it won't
>work. I have ncurses-4.2 installed and are compiling ncftp-2.4.3. The
>compilation is successful but when I try to run ncftp it dumps with a
>segmentation fault. Any known problems w/ ncftp & pmax? Is there a
>precompiled ncftp pmax binary somwhere?

Which version of NetbSD are you running?

If ncurses is built as a shared library and it redefines symbols in
libc, then you wil trip over the multiple-symbol bug.  This is fixed
with the newer ld.so in 1.3.1 and with ld.elf_so in -current.

If you're running 1.3, a temporary workaround is to build ncftp
statically linked.

If you're already running 1.3.1 (or -current), then please send a PR.