Subject: Kernel debugger?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ove/Peter Fors <ovef@pophost1.interact.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/07/1998 19:44:33
Hello!

I've got a problem: At our computer club a member found an interesting hole
in our security. He pressed a key called "Utf=F6r" (swedish keyboard - "Do"?=
)
and immediately some sort of kernel debugger appeared. This is obviously a
tremendous security problem to us. What do I need to do to remove this
feature? I have no experience at all of compiling a new kernel (we've been
using the generic kernel all the time (NetBSD 1.3.1)). Secondly: We use a
Decstation 5000/240 as our main server, and thus we need to have a few hard
drives connected to it, but it seems (at least with earlier versions of
NetBSD) that you can't have SCSI IDs >4 for hard drives. How do I fix this?

BTW: Has anyone succeeded in porting mozilla to pmax yet?

Thanks in advance!

Peter Fors
Midac Computer Club