Subject: SysV shared memory?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Gapen <jagapen@students.wisc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/05/1998 23:54:31
    This mailinglist has been a big help.  With all the good information I've
read, I've been able to get 1.3.1 installed and running on my pmax with a big,
new disk so it runs all the stuff I require of it.  It even runs X now, which
I wasn't expecting, but hey.  :-)
    Anyway, just for kicks, I tried to compile xanim with the NetBSD package
system.  It installed and compiled fine, but bombs out because (according to
ktrace) the shmget syscall wasn't implemented.  I added the "options SYSVSHM"
line to my config file and compiled another kernel.  After rebooting with the
new kernel, xanim still bombs out because of the same problem.  Does
NetBSD/pmax not support SysV shared memory calls?  I don't see any mention of
it in the FAQ or projects list, and xanim isn't listed as requiring any
particular architechture.
    BTW, a couple of other packages (xv and guavac) fail to compile because of
linker problems.  Are the other ports going to catch up with more recent
toolchains to rectify this sort of problem with the package system?