Subject: RE: Lesstif on pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/03/1998 08:33:00
I wrote :-)
> But the libXm.so is not in the list "ldconfig -p" produces; here only
> libXm.so.0.82 is listed.
>
> By using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/lib,
> things seemed to work.
>
> I got mwm started, but I am not too impressed yet. I only have a
> monochrome pmax, everything got white. I assume that by reading some
> documentation on mwm, I can change this.

I just want to inform that the above was done with lesstif 0.82.
Yesterday night I retrieved the lesstif 0.83 package manually (pkgsrc
tools retrieved 0.82 when I tried) from the distfiles on a NetBSD
mirror, used ./configure, make and make install. This time everything
went nice without problems; including the libXm stuff; no need for any
LD_LIBRARY_PATH defines.

Everything is still all-white in mwm, and I haven't been able to find
any documentation for how to fix this. I tried to use mwm on MI/X from
an NT 5 computer, here things looked better (apart from shortcomings on
MI/X itself).

Regards,

Harald.