Subject: Re: serial changes to scc (zs) driver
To: Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/31/1998 23:29:49
>> Anyway, Takyua Koumoto's changes have been in -current for a couple of
>> days now. it seems to work fine on a 3MIN.
>
>The changes are made by Yasufumi Itoh. :-) He is mostly
>working on x68k port.

Oh, sorry.  The changes are in -current regardless.

>Documents for Z8530 are available on Zilog's web site. But
>we should import Jason's MI zsc driver from alpha. It is
>very much clean!

We shouldn't need to import it; otherwise, yes. I would like to see
the zsc driver moved to /sys/dev/tc and shared.  But until there is
some way to configure consoles on framebuffers using keyboards (and
mice) attached to zsc devices, and to use Xservers, this is not really
an option.

Maybe the port of wscons to sfb on the Alpha is a useful starting
point; I dont' know.