Subject: Re: Warning: Source reorganization
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/27/1998 12:21:57
Folks.

My previous Q was a bit unclear.

>>    my Q: To preserve 'rz/tz' name is
>>
>>    your A: Choose one
>>     [1] mandatory; being forced to switch to 'sd/cd/st/..' is harmful.
>>     [2] preferable; less painful in transition even though it would cause
>>         users' confusions.
>>     [3] don't care; it's just ok to use MI SCSI names.
>
> In my opinion, consistency across different NetBSD ports is very,
> very nice...so on that basis I'd suggest using the MI names.

Yes, I personally and totally support having MI SCSI names.  My question
was;

	If future NetBSD/pmax drops 'rz/tz' names, would you mind it?

I expect several different answers from differnt standpoints.  It's a time
to have MI SCSI (at last.....)

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology