Subject: Re: Further pmax changes to -current: breakage to be expected
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/26/1998 23:37:11
> I've also run into some problems with serial consoles and the latest
> scc code.  Doing a shutdown can hang a machine.  The problem is
> somewhere in the scc code: either in the dialin/dialout support in
> sccopen(), the spls() around that code, or in my incorporation of
> Takuya Koumoto's work on the scc driver.

Can I assume that there is almost no difference on the
hardware implementation around the Z8530 between TC-Alphas
and PMAXs? If so, I think the parameter for wr11 is invalid
to initialize the channel A(keyboard and mouse). For alpha,
I have changed it from

 	value = ZSWR11_RXCLK_BAUD | ZSWR11_TXCLK_BAUD |
		ZSWR11_TRXC_OUT_ENA | ZSWR11_TRXC_BAUD;

 	value = ZSWR11_RXCLK_BAUD | ZSWR11_TXCLK_BAUD;

in cold_sccparam(). This is derived from the zs driver of
other architectures.
---