Subject: Bash 2.01
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Harald Bjoroy <harald@bitcon.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/21/1998 18:51:48
Hi.

I tried to use the pkg-tools for making bash2 on a DS3100 with the
generic pmax kernel.

All files have been downloaded, and patch/compile seems to have been
working. I saw that the patch process filled the screen with errormesages
which seemed to come from "sed", but it alle ended up with a file called
bash in /usr/local/bin (I set the PREFIX to /usr/local).

This file crashes like this:
----------------------------
last-splash# bash
free: Called with unallocated block argument

last command: (null)
Stopping myself...Abort trap (core dumped)

-----------------------------

After trying again a couple of times, without success, I tried to do a
./configure / make / make install without using the package tools from
NetBSD.

The result was exactly the same.

Am I doing anything wrong? Or is this a bug I should submit?

Also; while watching the compile process, I saw several warinings
regarding "tputs", which indicated at least a missing cast, worst case
that the tputs is incompatible with whatever bash is programmed for. This
was in the files display.c and terminal.c

Any help and tips appreciated,

Harald.