Subject: Shared Libraries under NetBSD/pmax
To: netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Mohr <rmohr@triax.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/01/1998 11:36:59
I am attempting to compile lesstif version 0.82.  The configure, make and
make install all went fine.  I edited /etc/ld.so.conf to include
/usr/local/lib the location of the libXm.so.0.82 and libMwm.so.0.82 shared
libraries.  I then ran ldconfig -v which showed both libraries being
configured.  Soft links exist in this directory from libXm.so and libMwm.so
to their corresponding libraries.  I modified my .xinitrc file to use mwm
rather than twm.  When I execute xinit I fials with an error when
attempting to run mwm.  The error message is:

mwm: can't load library 'libXm.so'

Why isn't this working?  Have i missed a step?

Rob Mohr