Subject: Re: twm coredumps?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/24/1998 18:40:52
On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Uh, oh.  Is this on the PMAG-AA again?

No, this is baseboard 2100/3100 mono video...

> Could you provide some more details?   The framebuffer hardware,

pm0 at mainbus0 (1024x864x1) (console)

> what clients you're using, what the screen looks like, etc?

with twm (from the 1.3 distribution), running the Digital Unix
netscape-4.04 client causes twm to die.  (This is the most reliable way to
kill twm that I know of... there may be others.)

with fvwm2, merely firing up another xterm kills it.  (this with the stock
fvwm2.rc...)

> We really need either a coredump to debug with gdb -- a stack
> traceback from twm.core would be nice, ack, symbols -- or to be able
> to reproduce the crash.
>
> If you can get sonme of those together, please send a PR.

Will do.  Of course, this is on a 2100, so it'll take me a while to
recompile things with the proper flags, but I'll give you what I've got.
:)  Hope this isn't too late for 1.3.1...

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  agrier@reed.edu |  agrier@metro.grumblesmurf.net  | ...!reed!vla!agrier
  DECBEE65 0DEE3A0C 1ED7F54D 9E023CC4 and 0x0663D1A9 at a server near you.