Subject: problems getting rz5 configured at bootup
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@Fachschaften.TU-Muenchen.DE (Reinhold Huber)>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/19/1998 13:38:15
Hi,

I've got a ST4702 disk jumpered as SCSI target 5 on a MAXINE (personal
decstation 5000/33.

I've compiled my kernel wit the following in conf_glue.c:

/*
 * A fixed-at-compile-time disk configuration for the pmax-specific
 * scsi code.
 *
 * If you want to change this, fix the pmax kernel to use new-style
 * config code and the machine-independent NetBSD scsi drivers.
 */

struct pmax_scsi_device scsi_dinit[] = {
/*driver,       cdriver,        unit,   ctlr,   drive,  slave,  dk,
flags*/

#if NSII > 0
# if NRZ > 0
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     0,      0,      0,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     1,      0,      1,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     2,      0,      2,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     3,      0,      3,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     4,      0,      4,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     5,      0,      5,      0,      1,      0x0 },
{ &rzdriver,    &siidriver,     6,      0,      6,      0,      1,      0x0 },
# endif /* NTZ */

# if NTZ > 0 && 0   /* i've disabled this with '&& 0' */
{ &tzdriver,    &siidriver,     0,      0,      5,      0,      0,      0x0 },
{ &tzdriver,    &siidriver,     1,      0,      6,      0,      0,
0x0 },
# endif /* NTZ */
#endif /* NSII */

The contets of scsi.pmax is:

#
# SCSI configuration for old DECstation SCSI driver
# NB: if you change this, you will also need to change conf-glue.c.
#

rz0     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
rz1     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
rz2     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
rz3     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
rz4     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
rz5     at      oldscsibus?     target ? drive ?
tz0     at      oldscsibus?     target?  drive ?
tz1     at      oldscsibus?     target?  drive ?

Yes, there are inconsistencies (tz defined in scsi.pmax but not in
conf-glue, and rz6 missing in scsi.conf.

Question is: Which errors lead to the fact that rz5 is not found at startup?
Anyu disk out of rz0...rz3 is found, and the boot prom (command cnfg 3)
finds rz0,...,rz3 and rz5.

Greetings,
Reinhold Huber