Subject: NetBSD on a Personal DECstation 5000/33 without framebuffer?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/18/1998 15:02:26
Hi All,

I'd like some info. I'm new to NetBSD/pmax and don't know a lot about the
hardware of these machines either, but checked the FAQ and Web-pages.
Couldn't find an answer to the following question:

Can NetBSD/pmax be used on a DECstation without framebuffer, with console
on the serial-port e.g.? Somebody I know stated that NetBSD won't boot
without a supported framebuffer. Could one of you give me an update
on that. We'd like to use a DECstation with NetBSD for a WWW-server
(their framebuffers are not supported by NetBSD, I understood) so
don't need X-support for these machines.

Please reply by email, and not only to this list as I'm not subscribed
to it yet (I will if the answer to my question turns out positive ;)

Thanks for your patience,

Feico Dillema
-University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands