Subject: Terrible serial overruns
To: NetBSD/pmax List <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevor Schroeder <tschroed@cheetah.wsc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/17/1998 23:37:42
Hello,

I recently installed NetBSD 1.3 and have PPP running.  However, I keep getting
a number of silo overflows (hundreds or even thousands at a time) on scc0,0.
I've got a Hayes Accura 33.6 and I've set my serial rate to 28800, 33600
(which didn't work), 38400, and 57600.  I've tried it with hardware flow
control and without.  I've used 250, 296, and 1500 for my MTU.  Nothing seems
to help.  Every few seconds the line will just han while it straightens out
the problem.

Someboody please tell me there is a fix for this.  I would occassionally get
overflows under ULTRIX, butnothing like this.  (It appears I'm also having
severe packet loss...on the order of 50% frequently)