Subject: Re: Problems configuring SCSI disks
To: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/11/1998 11:50:05
On Feb 11,  7:24pm, "Reini (Reinhold Huber)" wrote:
> There are 5 hard disks attached to my maxine, targets 0 to 3 and 5.
> The prom finds all 5 of them, but the kernel doesn't.
> I've tried with lines like
> rz0 at oldscsibus? target 0 disk ?
> with numbers 0...5 in the devices and targets, it still only found 1..3.
> I will need a pmax with more than 4 disks soon, and so I need one of them
> jumpered on ID 5. Can someone point me to a solution of this problem?

  The pmax kernel does some trickery for the disk configuration to get the
current autoconfig to work with the old pmax SCSI drivers.  This is mostly
in src/sys/arch/pmax/pmax/conf-glue.c.  The current configuration only
recognizes disks rz0-rz4, and leavs targets 5 and 6 for tape devices.

  You will either need to change the disk to use target 4, or rebuild the
kernel and add an entry in conf-glue.c for a disk at target 5 (and the
corresponding entry for rz5 in your kernel config file).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant