Subject: Kernel fun
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Richichi <MRICHICH@drunivac.drew.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/07/1998 21:07:56
Thanks to all for suggestions and pointers.  I've got a new kernel
built, with the lk201.c patch so the 3100 mouse works.  Haven't tried
it yet--the machine's in my office, and I'm at home.

By the way, I had a problem with mainbus.c that I fixed by adding the
ioasic line back to my Makefile. No big loss... but because of that,
I'm not sure how long my kernel build was.  My guess though was 1-2
hours.  It's a 3100 with 24 MB and old Maxtor 300MB SCSI disks.

Can't wait to get X running on it on Monday!  This thing makes a
great X term--I've got Novell's Lan Workplace Pro X-Server (bascially
NCD's PC-Xware) on my PC (P200, 48 MB RAM, S3 graphics,) and it's
just as usable.

--Mike

Mike Richichi, Assistant Director, Drew University Academic Technology
BC-COMPCEN, Madison, NJ 07940  +1 973 408 3840  FAX: +1 973 408 3995
mrichich@drunivac.drew.edu, http://daniel.drew.edu/~mrichich
"There are only two businesses who call their customers 'users'" -E. Tufte