Subject: Re: Xserver on 5000/200: does mouse work with 1.3_ALPHA or newer? [was: Re: 3100 Mouse, was Re: New 3100 install]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/05/1998 12:44:56
Stranger and stranger...

I've just booted up the 3100 running 1.3 (couldn't fit the full
distribution on an RZ24, had to reinstall on an RZ25), and the mouse
works fine.  Here's the `uname -a':

NetBSD basil 1.3 NetBSD 1.3 (GENERIC) #2: Tue Dec 30 01:16:36 PST 1997     jonathan@Reno.DSG.Stanford.EDU:/reno/compile/GENERIC pmax

One thing I've yet to test - the mouse that didn't work (and I assumed
was dead) was one of the new style rectangular mouses (a VSXXX-GA),
where as the one that works OK is one of the older hockey-puck mouses (a
VSXXX-AA).  Just a thought - I'll see if I can test the "broken" mouse
on an Ultrix box here...

BTW, Do we still need the `set +m' thing to start xfs?  I did it anyway.

Just to repeat, I have _no_ mouse problems at all with 1.3 on a 3100.

Simon.

ps: We need to <ctrl>-3 work as <ESC> in console mode - arrows can
wait :)