Subject: Re: 3100 Mouse, was Re: New 3100 install
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/03/1998 19:20:23
>  I finally got my 3100 connected back together with a monitor and
>have verified that I have the same problem.

>  I looked at it a bit last weekend, and it appears that I'm not
>even getting any data from the mouse at all.  [I've got a printf
>in the serial interrupt code, and can see interrupts from the keyboard,
>and both serial ports, but not the mouse port.]  It works OK with an
>older kernel, so I know it's not a bad mouse.  My guess at this point
>is perhaps the serial channel for the mouse is either not getting
>set up correctly, or something is disabling the serial channel.
>
>  I've looked at the changes in the serial driver, but haven't been
>able to see anything obvious yet.

Hm.  How old is the kernel that does work?

Could it possibly be a timing glitch in the mouse initialization??
Somehow that seems more likely than that the cursor-initialization
changes are stopping the serial port from sending data.

And it's the same serial chip as the keyboard, so changes in the
attach code dont seem a likely culprit.