Subject: Re: kernel compile
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/01/1998 17:52:58
> Oh, and there's one but in Ted's suggestion.  I prefer to make a
> subdir first and test running config there; whereas Ted's suggestion
> pollutes /sys/arch/pmax/conf with lots of twisty .h files created by
> config.

No it doesn't.  Config creates all its files in the compile directory.
If config on the pmax does not, there's a bug in it that needs to be
fixed.  I'm using config in the way it's been used since time
immemorial - I've never heard of anybody using it your way before.
Your way sounds fine, but it's certainly not the canonical way.

			       _MelloN_