Subject: Re: disklabel trouble on a pmax(pmin?)
To: port-pmax@netbsd.org <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James O'Kane <jo2y+@cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/01/1998 16:51:34
I tried with the newest version of sysinst, no luck.

I tried using those parameters you suggested, and no luck there.

Is it possible to remove the disklabel and let sysinst write it fresh? It
seems that now that I've written a label, sysinst won't write a new one. I
can change all the partition sizes except c: which is the one I was to
change to be the correct size.

I tried disklabel -e but vi gives an error about an unexpected ')'. Is
there another editor I could try?

If there is a device file for the RAW disk I could use dd and write
/dev/zero to the drive, effectively wiping it?

thanks again for the quick responses,

-james