Subject: 1.3_BETA sysinst updated
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/02/1997 02:18:22
I've fixed the bug in sysinst that broke dd'ing the diskimage
onto a disk, booting it, and installing onto that same disk
(aka installs with ``current-root == target root'').

The code that detected whether the install target was the current root
was broken. There may be some minor glitches left, but I believe this
method of installation now works.  It should help out with installs on
single-disk systems.

Updated copies of diskimage.gz, diskimage.tar.gz and of sysinst are in
the appropriate directories under 1.3_BETA/pmax/installation/.