Subject: NetBSD 1.3Alpha Install Woes...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Alexander Jacocks <silence@wam.umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/21/1997 15:03:52
I have a DecStation 5000/120 24mb and am having an interesting seemingly
video-related problem when trying to boot a netbsd kernel.

No matter which kernel I try (1.3, or 1.2), as soon as the kernel is
recognized, and the sizes displayed, the screen seemingly becomes
interlaced, and the text on the screen bounces up the screen back and
forth.  Eventually, I get a prompt of some sort, but, due to the video
situation, I am unable to read it.

Here is my sysconfig:

DecStation 5000/120
24mb Ram (6x4mb modules)
PMAGB-BA frame buffer
19" Dec color monitor (the big big heavy one)
RZ23L (rz0)
Iomega Jaz (rz4)

I currently have parts of Ultrix 4.4 on the rz23, and that boots and runs
fine...

Any help/suggestions as to what I have done wrong would be appreciated.

J. Alexander Jacocks	Systems Administrator
			National Institutes of Health
			NIH/DCRT/CFB/EASS
silence@wam.umd.edu	alex_jacocks@nih.gov