Subject: Re: xfs yet again...
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/17/1997 09:43:39
On Nov 17,  1:50am, maximum entropy wrote:
> >From: osymh@terra.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch)
> >  Since the real framebuffer width isn't directly available to the X server,
> >the only way I can see to fix it would be to just force the framebuffer width
> >to be 2048 if the depth is 1.
>
> One small complication to that -- the mfb's depth (as far as laying
> out pixels on the screen is concerned) is 8, not 1.  That might make
> it difficult to distinguish from color framebuffers.

  So I noticed when looking at trying to fix Xcfbpmax.

  Ah, I think I found something:  the framebuffer ioctl interface supports
FBIOGTYPE, which looks like it returns the fbtype structure.  That includes
fb_boardtype, which specifies the type of framebuffer board.  It should be
relatively easy to add that check to Xcfbpmax.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant