Subject: [Fwd: Help. I having problem booting from my TK50.]
To: NETBSD-PMAX <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dale Stanifer <STANIFER@scra.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/04/1997 12:57:24
Date: Tues, 04 Nov 97 11:06:09
From: <STANIFER@scra.org>
Subject: Help. I having problem booting from my TK50.
To: netbsd-pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>

To All,

         I have decided to install NetBSD on my Dec3100 at home. In
order to do this I have to reinstall Ultrix on it. This is because
having a disk replace that contain the /usr/bin and the /bin is link to
/usr/bin. Anyway when I tried to boot from my tk50 using the following
command boot -f tz(0,4) and I get the following error message; tz(0,4)
is in use. Boot fail. I have check on the unit number with the test -c
command. I still new to the decstation area. I have check manual. I need
a way to get to my Alpha running VMS 7.0 where I have download the
NetBSD software. I have ethernet running from the Decstation 3100 to
the Alpha system. I have a boot tape to install Ultrix 4.2 and 4.3. But
how do I boot or unload these tapes? I have a spare disk to use.

Any Help would be appreciate.

Dale Stanifer
Email: stanifer@scra.org
	Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:06:07 -0500
	id LAA10838; Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:09:42 -0500
	Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:06:02 -0500