Subject: Re: Problems installing NetBSD
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jorgen Pehrson <jorgen.pehrson@seinf.mail.abb.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/18/1997 10:22:37
> The PMAG-FA in slot 1 is your problem - I think it's one of the cards
> that uses an Intel i860 in a completely undocumented way.  At the
> moment, your only choice is to run with a serial console (you have to
> remove the card), or to use a supported graphics card (either PMAG-A,
> PMAG-B or PMAGB-B).
>
> Simon.

Ok. Will the Decstation go into serial console mode as soon as I remove
the PMAG-FA? Or do I have to enable the serial console in some way?

(Nice by the way that it was a 24 bit frame buffer. I just saved
the DecStation from being junked and thought that it had another one of
those 8bit frame buffers...)