Subject: Re: miniroot
To: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Jonathan D Woytek <woytek@next.duq.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/07/1997 17:58:56
I actually did mine per the instructions on the website..  I had two disks in
the same machine, so I used the ultrix on the one disk to disklabel and dd the
miniroot onto that, and then I could boot the miniroot to label the ultrix
disk.  Finally, I nfs-mounted a directory on another machine from which I could
grab the tarballs.  This approach wasn't specifically mentioned in the web
docs, but it worked.  The biggest problem I encountered was the whole
labelling shmere at the beginning--I ended up getting the source for the
disklabel program, which happened to include a prototype file for creating
a disklabel.  Then everything was cool.  :)

jdw