Subject: Re: ds5000 keyboard cable.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@earth.mat.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/05/1997 14:32:35
On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Herb Peyerl wrote:

> Does anyone have the pinouts for the db15 connector on the back of the
> DS5000/120? I need to find some way to hookup a keyboard to these
> babies.... I have plenty 'o DEC keyboards...

I have one floating around here, but I'll have to look for it.  When
Ibought my machine (a DECstation 5000/120) at the University excess eqpt
store, they didn't have the cable for it.  They only had extra cables
froma 3100, which look a lot alike, but have different pinouts.  I was
able to borrow their one remaining 5000/120 cable from them overnight, and
I got out my ohmmeter, compared it with the 3100 cable, and made a db15 to
db15 conversion cable.

Trouble is, I had a disaster 2 nights ago, lost my hard disk, and I am
really busy just now.  If you need it within the next 2 weeks, you're
gonna have to look elsewhere.

If you can wait, and ask me again in 2 weeks, I can find it.