Subject: Mips3 ultrix binaries [Re: FPU Performance on DECstation 5000/125]
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/29/1997 19:38:15
>This program was compiled under Ultrix using the MIPS compiler with the
>-mips3 option.  So I guess the ultrix emulation isn't perfect.  Is this
>something I should pr?

I forgot to point out that strictly speaking, NetBSD's Ultrix
emulation emulates Ultrix 4.2A with IPmulticast patches.  There's a
simple reason for that:, the Ultrix machine I used for comparison
purposes (and for compiling Ultrix test binaries) is running a
heavily-hacked 4.2a.

If someone else wants to investigate ultrix 4.3A or later emulation,
please go ahead, and either improve the emulation or find out enough
to let someone else do so.

I'd need to know what the ECOFF codes for `mips3-only' binary were,
and also how GDB on Ultrix gets access to 64-bit register state.