Subject: Need help booting 5000/260
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher Preston <cmlp@cadmium.chemistry.uq.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/26/1997 09:53:56
Hi,

I have a Decsystem 5000/260 that I've been trying to get NetBSD installed
on. I have all the base.tar etc.tar etc etc as well as disklabel and
32M-diskimage (and rzboot and bootrz also).

I have Ultrix installed on another disk that the dec runs at the moment.

I constructed a protofile for diskabel and seem to have managed to
label the disk (it's a rz58). The I did dd if=32M-diskimage of=/dev/rrz1c

(disklabel -W -R -r rzboot -s boortz /dev/rrz1c protofile was the disklabel
command from memory)

This seemed to overwrite my label (should have done that skip= thing!) so
I rewrote it (my label). So, now from the PROM prompt...

>>boot 3/rz1/netbsd
Boot: 3/rz1/netbsd
Size: 1104176+50080+96612
Starting at 0x8003000

Then it hangs..... and waits.... and does nothing.

If I go
>> boot 3/rz1/blah
I get a message like " can't find "blah" " so I figure it is finding the
netbsd kernel in the above case.

So, what do I need to do to get it to actually boot? Any help most
appreciated!

thanks
chris.