Subject: Re: Need help booting 5000/260
To: Christopher Preston <cmlp@cadmium.chemistry.uq.edu.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/25/1997 17:02:45
>Hi,
>
>I have a Decsystem 5000/260 that I've been trying to get NetBSD installed
>on. I have all the base.tar etc.tar etc etc as well as disklabel and
>32M-diskimage (and rzboot and bootrz also).

The X-Summary: lines says it all.,

The kernel on the diskimage is out of date.  I'm almost certain it
doesn't have mips3 support.  Will fix.

The quickest solution for you is to grap a recent netbsd.ecoff from a
friendly FTP server, configure bootp and TFTP, TFTP-boot the kernel,
and tell it to use rz1 as the root device.  (You don't need to do the
full diskless setup, only TFTP; everything you need except a current
kernel is in the diskimage.

--Jonathan