Subject: Re: perl?
To: D. Sean Davidson <davidson@zk3.dec.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/19/1997 16:05:26
"D. Sean Davidson" <davidson@zk3.dec.com> writes:

 >> Has anyone compiled perl (and got it to pass all/most of the tests)?
 >> Do you have the config.sh you used, if you did get it to work right?
 >>
 >> Tracy J. Di Marco White           gendalia@iastate.edu
 >
 >There seems to be a problem somewhere that I can't pinpoint.
 >
 >The ./src/lib/libc/arch/mips/gen/modf.S code won't work when linked
 >with the shared library /usr/libc.so but will with the static library
 >/usr/libc.a.

This particular problem has been fixed.  Tomorrow's sup will build a
dynamically-linked perl (without any dynload support) that passes all
but the copyfile test.

 >I have run into the same type of situation with rename which is used in
 >the copyfile perl test.

I don't see what's going wrong here. If it's related to setting or
affect *all* system calls, not just rename().

 >If you build perl with the static versions of modf.o and rename.o from
 >libc.a, perl5.004_02 will pass all tests.

Anyone got a ktrace() of where the rename() test is failing??
(Or, to put it another way, How can  I get  one?)