Subject: DECstation 5000/125 experiences...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/30/1997 23:27:03
Hi,

I am currently working on 5 DECstation 5000/125 w/32mb & RZ56 drives,
with PMAG-BA turbochannel graphics. At
the moment I have two functioning, one of which is still running Ultrix
and the other which is now running NetBSD.

I was able to netboot the BSD box quite successfully from the Ultrix box
(i can elaborate in case anyone is interested). I have installed the
latest snapshots of NetBSD but I have a couple of questions
(surprise,surprise)

1. With X, I am constantly getting "unable to configure keyboard/mouse",
what is causing this? I changed the minor numbers of tty00 and tty01 (as
per something in the archive) but still to no avail. I also noticed that
/dev/mouse has to be linked to /dev/fb0, this is not mentioned in the
MAKEDEV script however :)

2. My own account on the machine is in group 0 (wheel) and still I get
"You are not in the correct group to su root" what have i done wrong?

Thanx
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au

I am getting very sick of getting SPAM..... I won't retaliate, I just
won't buy your product, and will recommend others to do the same.