Subject: Re: Stripped down kernel for install?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Daniel S. Kosack <daniel@rani.kosack.fred.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/28/1997 22:52:57
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Can you borrow another mouse, or try your mouse on a known-good
> DECstation (or VAXstation 2000)?

  I will have access to another DS3100 in a few days, and I'll see what I
can do on the VS2000.

> I suppose I could try  adding a timeout and a more complicated state
> machine for the mouse, but I'm pretty busy with   Real Work ...

  Yep, this is turning out to be a real pain.  I think I might be able to
squeeze by in commenting out the "MouseInit" line in arch/pmax/dev/dc.c,
just as a quick fix.  I think I'll sit tight until I get that other
DS3100.  Hopefully that box will be operational enough for me to make the
necessary kernel changes, rebuild, and pop in the mod'ed kernel and get
this machine working.

  Thanks for your help and effort!

--
Dan Kosack