Subject: Re: Floppy Disk and Audio
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/1997 22:40:04
Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au> writes:

>I'd be interested in this documentation also.  What about the
>internal audio?  Given that there is no maxine specs, what's
>the next best thing?  Ultrix source?

AFAIK the MAXINE audio is the same as on the lower-end TC Alphas.
Info on the internal audio should be somewhere in the online
documentation on the Alpha web page; CGD has collected a lot of info
there.

Using Ultrix source is problematic.   Ultrix source is provided
under a license and it's your responsibility to follow the license.
Please don't use Ultrix source unles you're absolutely sure you can
release any resulting code.

Not using the Ultrix source at all is the simplest answer.

Note that all the relevant hardware addresses are (IIRC) already in
the kernel header files.  And if anyone wants details on how the ioctl
ASIC DMA engine works, I can send them sample code for the SCSI dma
engine on a 5000/240.