Subject: Re: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/19/1997 21:47:15
>From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
>.. WARNING: clock gained 365 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
>
>Just a few weeks a change was committed that had this result -- you
>should just reset the time using date as quickly after booting as
>possibly (and then maybe reboot) to avoid files getting wrong
>dates.

Good grief...I just checked my system, and even though I had seen the
original message warning about this, I forgot to do it when I last
upgraded.  The system clock was in 1998.

Thanks for the reminder... now I need to find everything with a goofy
date and fix it...

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.