Subject: Re: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/19/1997 20:12:43
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Leo Bicknell wrote:

.. >
.. > I've just put a new 1.2G snapshot (userland and kernel) in:
.. >   ftp.netbsd.org:~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot-1997-07-18.
..
.. 	Having just gotten all the parts to play with NetBSD
.. again I tried the snapshot.  I've got a 5000/20, serial console.
.. The kernel boots, and seems to find everything (including
.. disks and its root devce) just fine.  However, after:
..
.. WARNING: clock gained 365 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

Just a few weeks a change was committed that had this result -- you
should just reset the time using date as quickly after booting as
possibly (and then maybe reboot) to avoid files getting wrong
dates.

This should definetly be written to the pmax-specific parts of the
1.3 installation/upgrade documentation !

- Erik