Subject: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/19/1997 04:56:19
I've just put a new 1.2G snapshot (userland and kernel) in:
  ftp.netbsd.org:~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot-1997-07-18.

This snapshot has the latest struct proc changes and a ps, w, etc.
that match the kernel.  It also includes the recent kernel locking
changes which should fix any "dup alloc" panics (if anyone is still
having those.)  The snapshot is built basically from -current as of
today; there are a couple of mips-specific header file changes, which
are bundled up in the comp.tar.gz change and will be in _tomorrow's_
sup.

I *have not* tested this snapshot as thoroughly as I ususally test
snapshots before releasing them. I've only been running the new kernel
since today; I usually run snapshot kernels for a few days under heavy
load (e.g, a parallel `make build') for two or three days.

I've been running with a kernel built from July 13 source till today;
*that* seems fine.