Subject: new GENERIC kernel, yesterday's SUP, plus MAXINE fixes.
To: Rudi Bierach (Rudnuts) <s2171802@cse.unsw.edu.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/14/1997 04:35:21
I just put a new GENERIC kernel on ftp.netbsd.org in
~ftp/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/test/, in a.out ecoff and ELF format.

This kernel is GENERIC as of last night. I haven't tested it other
than verifying that it boots ('m still running an older kernel
to build a snapshot.)

But (courtesy of Michael Hitch) the kernel in test/ *does* have fixes
for two Personal DECstation (MAXINE) specific bugs:
	* the "cursor movement restricted to 3/4s of screen"  problem
	* the "cannot type in a root when NFSbooting a GENERIC kernel"
	  problem

And also recent changes to -current, including the MI kernel
locking changes.