Subject: Re: 5000/25, Netboot
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/08/1997 01:14:01
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> There is a fix for this, it means redoing the spl machinery in the
> kernel.  Jason Thorpe planned out most of the work and I'm still
> waiting for him to finish it.  Meantime, if you have a 3MIN,
> you *have* to pull unsupported video cards.
		     ^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm curious: what about a supported card?

I ask because I *thought* I booted one of our 3MINs without yanking the card
(as mentioned below)...

> >My 5000/120 only required a setenv console s (albeit blindly from the
> >standard keyboard) and a terminal jacked into the correct serial port.
> >
> >Having said that, I'm not completely convinced that the card in question
> >(PMAG B) is not fried.
>
> There's no reason to assume it's fried.  Do vmstat -i and see how many
> interrupts are shown against the slot with the card. IF it's 60, the
> card is probably fine.

I might try that, save for the fact that the card in question was yanked out
of the machine to be tried in another--both of which are 3 hours distant.
Oh well.

-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-Member, Programmers Local 1036--AFL-CPIO.
-Stomp out Internet Spam.  http://www.vix.com/spam/