Subject: Re: new config sucess/failures?
To: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/08/1997 14:11:31
On Tue, 8 Jul 1997 00:05:37 -0400 (EDT)  "Matthew Schnierle" wrote:

> Not being happy with 50 or so days of uptime, I'm upgrading my kernel from
> 1.2D or so to -current.  I've recompiled config, sh, and the compiler.
> However, I'm 200 miles away from the machine, which prompts my question:
>
> Has anybody running -current with the "new" config had any problems with
> kernels configed a la:
>
> config netbsd root on ? type ? dumps on ?
>
> I seem to recall that netbsd/pmax was one of the last ports to get
> wildcardable root, swap, and dump device working....  And, if everything
> else compiles, I'm trying to avoid having to drive 3 hours to reboot the
> machine :-).

Things are fine with the line "config netbsd root on ? type ?" for me.
As for as I know, dumps still don't work.  I remember recently (last
week or so) having a system do a crash dump, but savecore found no dump.

You'll have to remember to update your userland to - specifically
swapctl and an entry in your fstab for the swap partition.

Simon.