Subject: 5000/25, Netboot Et all
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/1997 11:14:30
	I've been following all of the netbooting stuff
and I'm now slightly excited.  I've got several 5000/25's
that I would like to run NetBSD on, but unfortunately
I don't have a "play" machine to test NetBSD.  I do have
a 5000/25 with a dead internal SCSI bus (external Ultrix
drives work great, but I don't have a spare drive now)
that I would love to Netboot (and eventually netrun?)
from an Ultrix box.

	Anyway, I know a lot has changed recently, can someone
summarize the netboot procedure, and what's broken with a
netboot 5000/25 kernel?  I'd love to work on this if I can
be brought up to speed.

	Thanks.

--
Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org
         System Administrator / Network Technician