Subject: Re: working ECOFF tftpboot on 3MIN, MAXINE
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/1997 10:23:20
Jonathan Stone wrote:

> A kernel built with today's elf2ecoff works fine on my 5000/150.  I've
> put the binary on ftp.netbsd.org.  If someone (Tohru Nisimura or
> Gregory McGarry or anyone else) could try running elf2ecoff on an ELF
> kernel, TFTPbooting the resulting ECOFF kernel, please let me know if
> it works.  I'm pretty sure it will, and if it does, there are no known
> restrictions on TFTP-booting ioasic machines.

I had a look at the elf2ecoff on ftp.netbsd.org, however, since I don't
have a working NetBSD yet, I cannot test it out.  If somebody
wants to supply me with either the new NetBSD netbsd.ecoff or an Ultrix
version of elf2ecoff, then I can verify this.  A response from
Tohru Nisimura might be better, and I wait for these changes to become
'official' on ftp.netbsd.org.  Unless Simon finds difficulties with the
changes that is.

Either way, removing all tftp booting restrictions sounds pretty sweet
from here.

Regards,
Greg

--