Subject: Re: tftp booting DS5000/25+150 with problem prom
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/06/1997 14:11:21
Simon Burge wrote:

> > It works!!  However, it doesn't ask me for the desired root device.
> > It locks-up on the line:
> >
> > scc0 at asic0 offset 0x100000 priority 5_
>
> I assume that because you have a DECsystem, you are using a serial
> console?  That's about the time it switches to the serial driver instead
> of using PROM routines I think.  How old is the kernel you're trying
> to boot?  Is it -current, or 1.2?  One thing that looks strange is the
> priority of scc0.  On both the /240's and /260's here, the priority of
> scc0 is 5, not 6 - scc1 is at priority 5...

It is a DECstation --- no serial console.  nfsnetbsd.ecoff: 1.2E
It came from the latest snapshot I saw on netbsd.org yesterday.

At the point something goes wrong, the internal SCSI driver spins
up, leading me to think it is something to do with the SCSI bus.
But really, I have no idea.  With prom bugs and what-not...

Regards,
Greg

--
Gregory McGarry