Subject: Re: tftp booting DS5000/25+150 with problem prom
To: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/05/1997 22:48:31
On Jul  6,  2:35pm, Gregory McGarry wrote:
> Are you suggesting I should have something attached to my serial
> port?  From your last message to Simon, I thought you might end
> up mentioning such a point.
>
> I don't have a console on the serial port.

  That may be your problem then - I think the last message I read
indicated that your graphics board is one that NetBSD doesn't support.
It won't be recognized as a console device, so NetBSD is going to use
the serial port for the console.  It will be using the PROM output to
the console device up to the point where the serial device is configured,
so output will probably go the CRT display prior to that point, but
then will go to the serial port.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu