Subject: Re: 1.2G
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James R. Mitchell <jmitchel@wheaton.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/04/1997 20:07:35
In article <19970702231305.442.qmail@logical.thought.net>,
 <jason@logical.thought.net> wrote:
>I just recompiled libc, the kernel, etc for -current, and I'm seeing
>strangeness with 'swapctl'.  (My kernel config is DS3100, but adds the SysV
>stuff and NTP).
>
>Am I missing something?  I thought it might be wrong to be using the
>block device rather than the character device, but:
>--Jason

Actually, I doubt the problem is you.  I compiled a 1.2G kernel from the
i386 tar-balls of June 14th or so and the new swap worked fine.  When I
supped over new kernel source on Sunday or so and built it, it was willing
to use the first device I specified as swap (I only tried it with one device)
/dev/rz0b, but further swap partitions were met with the Device not configured
sort of errors.  I've been busy on other stuff and just rolled back to the
earlier kernel.  The machine that I am running is also a DS3100.  The first
device is only 2.5mb or so while the others were on the order of 16+.

				James Mitchell
				James.r.mitchell@wheaton.edu